LentiFlash™: A RNA delivery lentiviral particle
Unlike Integrative Lentiviral Vectors (ILVs) which imply viral RNA retro-transcription into DNA and genomic integration of the gene of interest, LentiFlash™ allows:
- Non-viral mRNA delivery
- Direct expression of your sequence of interest without retro-transcription nor integration
- A transient expression without genomic trace
Efficient RNA delivery into primary and stem cells
LentiFlash™ particles are VSV-G pseudotyped and highly purified. These two criteria make LentiFlash™ very efficient for the transfer of biologically active RNAs in various cell types including immortalized, primary and stem cells. LentiFlash™ does not require any selection process.
Short term expression: faster than classical lentiviral vectors
LentiFlash™ delivers mRNA directly into the cytoplasm leading to a high and short-term expression (4h post-transduction) of your sequence of interest. As a result, it allows a faster expression than classical integrating lentiviral vectors (ILV), integrase deficient lentiviral vectors (IDLV) and transfection technologies.
RNA-delivery system based on bacteriophage MS2 Coat protein
LentiFlash™ is a non-viral RNA-delivery packaging system based on bacteriophage MS2-Coat-lentiviral chimeras. It has been constructed by exploiting bacteriophage MS2-Coat protein and its cognate 19-nt stem loop instead of the natural lentiviral Psi packaging sequence to achieve mRNA packaging into the lentiviral vectors.
Applications in gene editing and cell therapy
High and short-term expression of the transferred messenger is of great value for genome engineering, vaccination and immunotherapy. The encapsidation capacity of 10kb of the transferred RNA is extremely valuable when seeking editing or reprogramming functions, especially if a combination of gene products is required. Learn more about:
Three formats of LentiFlash™ are available:
- Custom LentiFlash™: RNA delivery in hard to transfect cells without cytotoxicity made custom with your sequence for your model
- Ready-to-use LentiFlash™: discover our range of ready-to-use LentiFlash™ particles carrying fluorescent reporters, bioluminescent reporters or gene editing proteins
- Plasmid expression retrovirus like particles (RLP): Do it yourself. Order our RLP plasmid vector to make your own non integrating lentiviral particles in your lab.
To learn more about this new technology read our article on Nature publishing group.